Project Data Analyst
Biffa is looking for a Project data Analyst who will be working within the acquisitions and project data team, reporting to the Data Project Manager, to analyse, manage, prepare and load acquisition data effectively into key business systems. Be a key point of coordination with the business to ensure data is fit for purpose, timely and well integrated to maximise operational effectiveness and profitability. Working with other Data Project Analysts or business resources who are supporting the acquisitions process and other business approved projects to ensure quality and timely delivery of data.
The role is ideally suited to a logical, detailed, proactive and resourceful individual who is looking for a progressive career in data analysis and/ or project management. Training in BI tools, project management and general business skills will be provided on the job.
Analysis of acquisition / project related data, cleansing and transformation where require in preparation for its migration to Biffa’s core applications.
To work closely with the project managers and Project Data Manager on all phases of the acquisition; communicating, planning, coordinating and delivering effectively and on time.
Manage the expectations of stakeholders, related departments and department leads to understand and deliver their data/information requirements in relation to the development, integration and optimisation phases of the project. While serving as a liaison for the project's technical, functional and non-functional teams.
To continually developme and refine the data templates, structures and loading processes as the business transitions to new business systems
To build relationships with key personnel from the acquired businesses to ensure queries and data are managed effectively and Biffa’s interests and reputation are protected at all times
Ensure the quality and integrity of the master data loaded into the business systems is fit for purpose and of the highest possible quality
Report and provide analysis of the ongoing acquisition / project performance, responding to ad-hoc report requests and data enquiries from the business
Support the projects team in the delivery of data and reporting to all areas of the business as necessary.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Which accountabilities account for most of their time?
• Planning, coordinating and project management
• Data analysis and manipulation
What planning horizons / timescales are typical?
• Daily task management of self and coordination of analysts
• Provision of regular (daily, weekly, fortnightly) updates and plans to project manager
• Planning up to 3 months in advance with oversight and support from Head of MI
What is the specialist, technical and managerial substance of the job?
• A high level of attention to detail required
• A detailed knowledge of Biffa’s business model, technical systems and operational processes
• Experience of waste industry operational practices and equipment
• Strong analytical skills including technical manipulation, analytical and data modelling
• Project management experience, stakeholder management, workload and time management
What are the essential qualifications of the job?
• Educated to Undergraduate Degree level
What autonomy does the job holder operate with?
• A semi-autonomous role, however required to meet deadlines and work within the established acquisition methodology
What constraints are there on the job (e.g. instructions, operating procedures, policies, strategies)?
• Meeting reporting deadlines
• Acquisition methodology and framework
• Business processes and operational practices
• Structured computer systems and IT governance
Which job roles report to the job?
• None directly, however direction of MI analysts is expected
How could the complexity of the job challenges be best described?
• A degree of difficulty, complexity and responsibility
• Operates in a complex computer and business environment
• Exercises judgement and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly
What are the key internal and external interfaces in the role?
• Serves a broad range of internal stakeholders up to MD level
• May interact with senior external people for the purposes of acquisition work
• Project management experience
• Previous experience in an analytical/advisory role
• Working within a governance framework
• Working to tight deadlines with a lot of complexity
• Microsoft Office applications including databases/Business Intelligence tools
• Good mathematical understanding – modelling, analysis and projections
• Excellent knowledge of excel (pivot tables and formulas)
• Industry norms (container types, typical volumes, waste streams, vehicle types)
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that’s based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is our number one priority and we look out for each other.
We’re very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what our employees think. At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility. You’ll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate.
We’re committed to helping our people fulfil their potential. You’ll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.