About Biffa Waste Services
Biffa. It’s a gritty business. Not at all glamorous. Our 8,500 very loyal people do some of the toughest jobs in the country. We don’t just collect waste, we also treat and recycle it. We create and export fuel, and we turn food waste into enough gas to power 15,000 homes each year. There is more to Biffa than meets the eye! We work with businesses of all sizes, local authorities and the general public. We go out in all weathers, and at all hours, and our customers always come first.
To become the UK’s undisputed leading solutions provider of creative sustainable waste management services.
Building on our strong heritage and expertise, to deliver innovative solutions that are the envy of the competition and to the benefit of our customers, employees and shareholders.Our CultureHere at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that’s based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is our number one priority and we always look out for each other. We’re very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what each of them think. At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility. You’ll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate. We’re also committed to helping our people fulfil their potential. You’ll find many exciting opportunities with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.
Our values truly reinforce what we are all about:
• Be safe
• Be innovative
• Be customer focused
• Be a team player
• Be accountable
Come and be part of the Biffa family - we think you’ll like it here!
Did You Know?
• Biffa was formed in 1912
• We employ over 7,500 people
• Over 190 operating locations nationwide
• We have over 75,000 commercial customers
• Over 6.6m tonnes of waste is handled by Biffa every year
• Industry leading health & safety performance in the waste sector
• We have 4 operating divisions
• We were named in the 2014 Sunday Times Top Track 100 companies
• Named UK Superbrand winner for the Waste Management and recycling sector 2014
• We are ranked No.1 within the Industrial & Commercial sector in the UK